279 Front Street
Danville, CA 94526
C. Joseph Doherty, III
Mr. Doherty is an estate planning, trust administration, probate, business law and real estate transactional attorney. He is certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a Specialist in Probate, Estate Planning and Trust Law. His work includes working with individuals, families and business owners on their estate planning, business and real estate projects.
Mr. Doherty is a local Contra Costa resident. He grew up in Lafayette and attended the University of California, Davis and earned a bachelor's degree in economics.
He received his Juris Doctor from John F. Kennedy University School. While in law school, he continued to work full time and also worked at the John F. Kennedy Elder Law Clinic where assisted the indigent community in financial elder abuse matters.
Prior to joining Gagen McCoy, he worked for over five years in Walnut Creek firm as a trusts, estates, probate, business law and real estate transactional attorney.
He has also assisted clients obtain reimbursement of remediation and cleanup expenses through State of California Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund for owners of contaminated real property.
Mr. Doherty does not limit his practice to one sector, or one ideal client, as he desires to provide all clients with the high level and skillful legal service that everyone deserves. His goal is to provide his clients with comprehensive and thoughtful estate planning, business planning and real estate counsel to their satisfaction. He strives to develop long term positive relationships with his clients.
Mr. Doherty lives in Walnut Creek with his wife and two boys.
LEGAL ASSOCIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
• California State Bar - Contra Costa County Bar Association - Estate, Trust and Probate Section
• United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• Northern District of California
• Estate Planning Council of Diablo Valley - Board Member
• Legacy Advisory Council for Children's Hospital of Oakland, California
• Rotary Club of Walnut Creek - Board Member of Community Foundation and Officer
• California Notary Public
• Bachelor of Arts, University of California Davis, 2000
• Juris Doctor, John F. Kennedy School of Law, Pleasant Hill, CA, 2008